Saturday, November 05, 2011

Bird

I am doing some research on birds! As always the WWW is an amazing place to see things from all around the world and the scope of research material is unending, but I am also studying native birds in my back garden and the two hens I own. Drawings are hard as they don’t sit still for long enough! lol! I am managing to attract more birds into my space and with my trusty camera and can be found lurking around the bushes ready to snap that exclusive pic! Hopefully the robin will be compliant today and stay long enough on the table for me to get a good pic. In the meantime I have also gathered up some beautiful images from the net and have shared them below!
I am amazed at the variety of beautiful colours, shapes and sizes, but also how they have infiltrated our language. At the moment it's just playing with ideas but its getting there!! Feel free to add your own bird pic link, story or saying in the comments section…
Here are some of the sayings I can remember:
Birds of a feather
Alright hen
Hey chook
That’s my bird
She’s a tasty bird
Giving one the 'bird'

noun:-
  • 1 a warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate animal distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings , a beak, and typically by being able to fly:[as modifier] :the valley is teeming with bird life
    Class Aves; birds probably evolved in the Jurassic period from small dinosaurs that may already have been warm-blooded
  • a bird that is hunted for sport or used for food:carve the bird and arrange on a warmed serving plate
  • informal , chiefly North American an aircraft, spacecraft, or satellite.
  • 2 informal a person of a specified kind or character:she’s a sharp old bird
  • 3 British informal a young woman or a man’s girlfriend.

bluetitcrane1-800Gambia-Little-Bee-eaterjay birdLilac-Breasted-Roller-1pigeon

No comments:

Post a Comment