Wednesday, July 16, 2014

16,061

Today I saw the trailer for 20,000 Days on Earth and it got me thinking how many days I had already had on earth. So today is 16, 061 and it has been a waste of a day – lots of sleeping and playing on Facebook. Didn’t wash, ate crap and took pain killers. It has been sunny, it has been raining. My total achievement today was getting the bins out. Maybe 16,062 will be better?

I seem to be living more and more in my brain – daydreaming about making art and ideas for my home decor preoccupy me. Maybe this is an artists life but it is easy to get sucked into a vacuum of nothingness and to lose the motivation to move on, move forward and be productive.

16,060 was a better day and involved hours of work scanning, editing and compiling some more pages for a memorial book I am working on. I finished working at 2am and had completed and printed another section….but there is so much more to do.

I tell myself that today was a rest day but in reality it is a nothing day and I ponder on how many of these nothing days I have had. Too many, if I am being honest.  So at the end of day 16,061 I make a pledge to stop the nothing days and the day dreaming vacuum.

So welcome dear reader to the beginning of the new days of my life!

IMG_0864

No comments:

Post a Comment